With the holidays quickly approaching it can be difficult to maintain your current exercise routine with all the extra hustle and bustle.
Although you could probably come up with several excuses to avoid exercise, it will not only help keep the holiday pounds off, but will also help with your stress levels during this time.
We’ve come up with some tips to keep you motivated and disciplined during this hectic time of year.
- SSI offers a program during the holidays! Joining in on “Holiday Hustle” is a great way to keep yourself motivated and accountable to avoid adding on those extra pounds. And even win a prize!
- Mix up your routine to avoid boredom. Instead of just going on a walk around the neighborhood, use this opportunity to go for a hike with family and enjoy quality time together. This is a good way to combine exercise and family commitments.
- Plan and organize your week in order to allow yourself time to exercise. Make it a priority! This will keep you both physically and mentally stimulated.
- Remember that exercise comes in a variety of forms! From taking the dogs on a walk on a nearby trail or doing some holiday shopping around the mall. Add in those extra steps by choosing a parking spot further away.
- You don’t have to go to the gym. Just design a home workout plan for when your schedule is very tight and you just don’t have time to get to the gym. This can include squats and crunches. Its amazing what you can accomplish at home.
It’s important to keep fitness a priority especially during this time of year! Happy Holidays from SSI!