UPDATE: July 2, 2020
Pool therapy is starting back next week. The pool therapy hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 9am until 1pm. During these hours the pools will not be available to members. Please adjust your schedules as necessary.
Also, a reminder that the showers and saunas are not available at this time.
UPDATE: June 5, 2020
We are finally ready to attempt to re-open our pools for member and patient use. In these unpresented times, we are faced with regulations from the State that we must abide by. Therefore, pool use will be limited until the regulations are lifted. If there are questions or concerns with the current use policies, please let us know.
NOTE: This policy is subject to change.
- The pools will be available for member use beginning Monday, June 29.
- Only 1 person at a time in each pool.
- Pool use is on a first-come basis. If pool is in use you must wait until that person is done.
- We can not provide towels at this time. Please bring your own.
- The showers and saunas remain closed.
- Please limit pool time to 30 minutes if someone is waiting.
- There are no pool classes at this time.
- Please be considerate of others.
- When pool therapy starts, the schedule will be posted. Only therapy patients are allowed in the pool area during therapy hours. Therapy hours are subject to change.
These guidelines MUST be followed in order to keep the pool open for member use. Thank you for your loyalty and understanding during these challenging times.
May 12, 2020
Dear SSI Health Club Members:
We have missed you!! We hope you and your loved ones are remaining safe during this unprecedented pandemic.
Many of you have heard that Governor McMaster is allowing Health Clubs to re-open, but there are very specific guidelines that have been recommended to reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus. Just as the state has slowly been opening business, SSI will begin to slowly add back services.
- On Monday, May 18, SSI’s Health Club will begin the startup process. We will open for members to use gym equipment Mon-Thurs 8am – 6pm.
- Social distancing by members must be practiced, therefore half of the gym machines will be available M/W and the other half T/TH. Machines unavailable will have signs on the seats and will not be turned on- same for Cardio equipment.
- Each piece of available equipment must be wiped down with hospital grade cleaner before and after use. (all knobs and seats) Bottles of cleaner and rags are located throughout the facility.
- When members enter the facility they MUST have their temperatures checked and documented. Anyone with a reading of 100.4 or greater will not be allowed to stay.
- ALL members MUST check-in using their membership card- No Exceptions. If you have lost your membership card, you may purchase a replacement for $5.
- Members will be required to use hand sanitizer before entering the gym area and will be required to wear a pair of new gloves while using the facility. These will be provided at the check-in counter.
- Masks are recommended, but not required. If you prefer to wear a mask, you will need to provide that yourself.
- Locker keys will be limited to provide social distancing in the locker area.
- No more than 4 people will be allowed in the free weight room at one time.
Services not available starting Monday, May, 18:
- The pool will remain closed.
- Towel Service
- Personal Training/ Post Rehab or stretching services
- Group or senior group classes
- Upstairs closed with the exception of monitored Sports Training
I want to thank those of you that continued with dues payment during the times we were closed, your support for our small business will never be forgotten. For those members that asked to freeze their membership, your account must be re-instated to return. Also remember, that your accounts were frozen for 2 months and will resume automatic billing when your 2 months expire. Additional freezes will be allowed for those members most vulnerable and at high risk.
SSI has taken a significant financial hit during the COVID-19 restrictions, like many small businesses across the country. We will continue to resume services as safety and finances will allow.
Thank you for being part of the SSI Family!!